miércoles, 17 de octubre de 2007

Nidal´s house



Saed and I as well as Two Irish friends rushed to see the destroyed house few minutes after the Israeli withdrawal from our neighborhood on Tuesday 16th, we thought it is only one house, The Israeli occupation army damaged and destroyed some houses, the destroyed houses are on the basement where three stores are lied on their top, and this left the houses in serious risk.

While we were visiting the families who were living in tens of the homes that were damaged, I was shocked when I saw our volunteer Nidal Suboh, tries to show me the destruction of his family flat as well as his cousins and uncles flats, he told me; do you remember what have we done here during the international summer camp in 2006? We organized my birthday party, they increase the number of people who hate them by such collective punishments, the Israelis were looking for somebody whom they found and detained at the end of the day, but while they were looking for him during this attack; they damaged tens homes and left tens families homeless, Nidal`s family was one of them.

Nidal explained to me what he witnessed; the Israeli soldiers attacked their flats early morning of Tuesday, they ordered them to evacuate in five minutes, their neighbor, an old man, almost 70 years old, was shot while he was opening his flat's door by five bullets, then they shot at the other flats, all flats there were partly damaged, nothing remained in its place, all windows were broken as well as doors, I can say that each meter has a story to tell about their brutality, the cousin of Nidal told me that he felt paralyzed when he could not find safe place to hid his daughter and wife in, the bullets were coming from everywhere.

Nidal showed me a small missile that hit his room, I saw my books, the books I gave to him long time ago to read, I found them between rubbles as well as the black and while photos of his family, not forgetting the papers, cards and photos of Zajel program. Nothing remained in his flat as it was before.

Tuesday, 16th, 2007


Email recibido de Alaa, coordinador del programa Zajel. Nablus, Palestina.

No hay comentarios: