viernes, 9 de enero de 2009

You're in the wrong, but you don't know you're in the wrong


Gracias a Dios, tenemos gente dispuesta a hacernos ver nuestros errores!

***

Israeli officer: So you want to know my full name, if I asked you your full name ... let me say a few words to you. Look, I'm a Jew and I'm from the Israeli Defense Forces. But unlike you, my great, great, great grandfathers were all born here, going back thousands of years. We never left the country. You Palestinians have never been a nation. The Palestinians settled here recently, only a short time ago. What's that got to do with me?

EI: Ok, the person who wants to help the people of Gaza talks like that about the Palestinians? You deny their existence?

Israeli officer: Look, I'll tell you ...

EI: You really want to help the Palestinians and this is what you say?

Israeli officer: Of course ... I am also helping the Arabs who live with us to get into Israel, you also ... Don't mind me saying, but I'm sure now, from your accent, that you are not from the Strip. You're not from Gaza. But that's OK. I'm prepared to talk to you.

EI: You know why I'm happy to talk to you? Because every minute I waste your time, you ... I like to waste your time because you're a member of the terrorist IDF.

Israeli officer: That's OK. You're not wasting my time. I'm happy to talk to people like you. Why? Because you're in the wrong but you don't know you're in the wrong. So if I talk to you it's possible you'll start to understand your mistake.


La conversación completa en The Electronic Intifada.



No hay comentarios: